Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh my

So Obama is going to be our next president. I'm not too thrilled. But on the other hand, how many of his promises can he really make good on? That will probably get people mad at him, when he doesn't deliver. I've seen videos of people being so excited because he is going to pay their mortgage and gas. When that doesn't happen I think many are going to become disenchanted with their "Messiah". Plus, the senate and house are in the Democrat majority. When they can't get anything done hopefully Republicans will be back in in two years. (Mitt 2012!)

So I have a facebook account. For people who don't use facebook you can put a Status up of what you are doing or thinking or whatever. It was funny watching people's status yesterday. Plenty of people were upset when Obama won. (Rightly in my opinion) What made me mad was seeing people who said things such as "My president is BLACK and if you don't like that move", or "Obama made history and now I'm seeing people's real side come out" or "You just don't like black people", things like that. PUH-LEASE people. Does it always have to be about RACE? Could it POSSIBLY be that we just don't like his policy??? If McCain had been black and Obama white i STILL would have voted for McCain. If they were both black or both white I still would have voted for McCain. We have elected a black man to be president. No excuse anymore. Maybe the race card will die.......doubtful.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on me and my family. I'm giving up on the government. Who needs them anyway :) I'm really really getting into food storage. I just wish I had more money and more space to spend on it!

And in more important news...Claire turns 6 months tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I will admit I put up a status about the election. Mine was because I was shocked at the negative feels people have one way or the other. I like to think that even though I voted for Obama I would still be okay is McCain won. I'm glad you and Brian can still be respectful even though McCain didn't win. I was shocked to see the people who couldn't be respectful!

Mary Heeringa

The McEwans said...

Yeah, it takes some getting used to when what he believes is so radically different than what I believe...but I'll still pray for him, although I hope 4 years is all I will have to :)Politics bring out such passion in people. But I'm all for less government anyway.