Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hawaii! Or...we made it

Friday after Brian got out of work we left to head to Seattle. It was very rainy so it took us longer than usual to get there. We stayed at the Marriot townhomes. Claire slept all the way up so she didn't go to sleep until about 11. :( We woke up at 5 to get ready to go. We had a huge plane and they played Hawaii stuff on the screens. One of the "tender mercies" we were blessed with was that there was no one sitting by us so we were able to lay Claire down on the seat between us to sleep. So awesome! It was such a LONG flight. ugh. Then we were almost there and the pilot came on and said that we were going to experience some major turbulence and they were going to close the cabin up early. Of course I started panicking and praying :) I hate flying. Anyway, we had NO turbulence and a very smooth landing. BLESSINGS!! We got to Honolulu and it was so ghetto. The captain came to get everyone for the flight. It was a tiny plane. It had 4 rows. There was no separation between us and the pilot. It didn't get over 3500 ft and was not pressurized. Needless to say I was a little freaked out. But we made it and got our rental car and got to the condo. I was so exhausted!

Click to play Hawaii
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Journee said...

Oh my gosh!!! She said "mama" so well!!!! that is so cute!
I am loving your vacation already...wish we were there!

Susie said...

Oh my goodness!!!! She said it! How long has been doing that?? She is so going to crawl soon. She looks like she wants to leap right off of that bed!

The McEwans said...

She's been saying it for a few days :) Thats just when I could get it. She also says it now when she is in the car crying in her car seat :) She SO wants to crawl...

Aunt Bev said...

Cute! I will have Michelle show to Mama from her computer. Ours at home has no volume. Claire is just a doll & I know Mama will enjoy the film and hearing Claire saying Ma Ma. Love, Aunt Bev