Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

We didn't do much for Halloween. We went to the ward trunk-or-treat. Claire was Little Red Riding Hood and Brian was a "shooting star". We took two poster boards and cut out two stars. He had two guns too. Everyone thought he was a cowboy with a huge badge. Haha. We didn't get any pictures though.

Claire in her cat halloween onsie




Starting to carve
I made no bake cookies for the occasion Claire helped


Brian's pumpkin


Mine
My big experiment for the week was making granola. It turned out pretty good and is way cheaper than buying it so I think I will continue to make it. I may try to make granola bars this week. I also made another loaf of bread and will probably try my hand at croƻtons too, if Brian doesn't eat the bread fast enough.

We had our friends Mike and Jocelyn over for dinner today. She is preggo and they are having their ultrasound tomorrow morning!! Whoo hoo!

It's going to be an interesting week. We are going to be finding out which direction our country is going to take...(I think Obama would ruin the country), Claire is going to turn 6 months (holy cow) and I'm going to start doing "solids". I am considering making all her baby food, rice cereal and all, but I may buy her rice cereal. If I make it I will have to give her iron supplements and I kinda don't want to mess with that. I would FEEL better making it because I know it would be better for her. I may try a batch and see how easy it is. I'm glad I was able to nurse exclusively for 6 months although I don't know if I will do that with the rest of my kids. It depends if she starts sleeping better :)

1 comment:

Susie said...

Claire likes being in the middle of everything, doesn't she?? She is way too cute. Don't worry about nursing the others, you will be surprised how everthing just falls into place. LOVED the pumpkins!! And no fatal injuries in the process, way to go!