Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope every one had a very Merry Christmas. We sure did! The best part was that we got to talk to Bryan! My mom had us on a conference call on Skype. He sure sounds like an African. It was so funny to listen to him talk. I wonder if that is a survival technique for Americans out there. He sounds like he is doing so good! One more Christmas for him and then he will be home soon! I was a little stressed out when he called because we were going over to the Hill's house for dinner and I had to make a green bean casserole. Well, I remembered about half an hour before we had to go so I started making it and then realized we didn't have enough green beans. sigh. So Brian ran to the store and I was in the kitchen shouting so that my brother could hear me. To bad I didn't know that the Hill's were running a little behind also. Oh well.

I let Brian sleep in on Christmas as a little gift :) I was excited to give him his real gift though. He was pretty surprised with his Wii! I also got him a Wii Fit (which I love love love). He was awesome and gave me a sewing machine! Now I have to learn how to sew! Claire loved her new Baby Signing Time DVDs. Her Aunt Lea also gave her the cutest tutu!

It was perfect because her pajama feet were little ballet shoes! I am sure she is going to just LOVE this when she is older. I hope she is a girly girl, at least for a little while :)

We went over to the Hill's and had a traditional Ham Christmas dinner. It was very yummy. Brian had fun playing some games and the Wii. I dealt with Claire who is very fussy lately because...

She is getting two teeth!! Her bottom teeth are both in and it is so cute! I tried to take a picture but she wouldn't let me. I wish teething didn't make her so cranky though.

Yesterday and today Brian and I have been super productive. (Along with lots of Wii playing) It's really a nice feeling to get things deep cleaned and reorganized. We are going to hang some pictures once Claire gets out the bath. Today we went to Walmart to look at the Christmas stuff that is on sale. I was very proud of one purchase. They had the Quattro Razor gift pack on sale for $5. It comes with the razor/blade, a pack of four blades, two makeup brushes and a carrying bag. $5. That is a HUGE saving if you were going to buy that all separately. We bought 4 of them. lol. I wont need to buy razor blades for a very long time.

Other than that the big news is that Claire has gotten crawling down pat. She started it a couple of days ago so I thought I should put up a video. Shame on me for not taking more videos. I'll try harder :)




It is so nice to be able to put her down and she will crawl to a toy that she wants to play with. She is growing up so fast! She is pretty good at pulling herself up and balancing without anything. It is so crazy.

1 comment:

Susie said...

The tutu was adorable and I LOVE the crawling - get more on video!! Dad and the boys and I love watching it.