So today, the same as every Sunday, I get a MAJOR sweet tooth. I NEED to make something sweet. Well, I looked through my cookbook and found a cinnamon zucchini cake recipe. I have a bunch of shredded zucchini in the freezer and I need to go through it since we are only grocery shopping for the very basics. We want to use all our food before we go. Anyway, I put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and then discovered that I was out of brown sugar. Ugh. But, I remember reading something about MAKING brown sugar in my food storage cookbook. Awesome. 1 cup of white sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons molasses. Even more awesome. I have a whole bottle of molasses to get through too! Anyway, you put it in a bowl and mix it really well. So there you go...homemade brown sugar. I don't use too much brown sugar so I doubt I will buy it for a while if I can make it and use up that molasses. Plus, I also used my powdered eggs. I want to save my fresh eggs for things like omelets and stuff. It was a pretty good food storage recipe since I used my frozen zucchini. I used the very last of my powdered sugar too. But you know what? You can make that too!
1 comment:
that's awesome!!! and very handy :) looks tasty too!!
Post a Comment