Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Changes

Welp...it's official. We are moving to Utah. Sawtooth Software decided to move. It's been an interesting day. They told everyone this morning at work. I think there was some drama. Not everyone wants to leave Sequim but the majority does. I don't know if the majority wanted to move to Utah, but really, I can't see them having picked anywhere else. It's kind of funny (to me at least) that they had so much employee input. I'm so used to my dad moving. You just go where there is a job! Those who don't want to leave Sequim have to find a new job. I can see being attached to where you live but really...you'll get attached to the other place too.

The office officially opens July 2011 but we have the option of going down earlier...say, summer 2010. We are deciding on whether or not to do it. Rent is much cheaper in Utah so we could save more. Plus, we aren't ready to buy a house yet so it would be nice to rent down there for a year and take our time looking at houses.

I don't know what we are going to do but some big changes are coming up very soon!

(And now my organizing/cleaning mode is even higher when I think about moving in 5 months! AH! With a one/two month old!! AHHH!)

2 comments:

Sandy and Rob said...

Wow - that is big news! There are some great flights to SLC from IL :) I'm relatively "free" in the summer if you do decide to move early. Utah does have some advantages for you!

Mary said...

I just left Brian a message on facebook saying that I am an excellent babysitter who does not want her own kids yet and loves to play with my friends' kids! You for sure can count on Jeremy and I to help you guys move on the Utah end! It will be nice to have a Galesburg connection so close!