Logan had a party and wanted us to make some stuff for it. We made some delicious pizza rolls...and then I wanted to try a new dessert recipe that I had been dying to try. The Motherload Cookie Bar. Deliciousness. Well, we kinda cheated and only made the chocolate cookie part from scratch. The other ones were store bought dough. It was my mom's first shortcut as a working mother..and me? Well...I was happy to go along with that. Anyway, we got the pizza rolls out and the marinara sauce heated up on the stove. The kids liked it and went upstairs to play some Beattles Rockband. My mom took the cookies out of the oven and set it on the stove to cool. Something smelled like burning but we just figured it was the top of the cookies which did get kinda brown. My mom was putting Ethan to bed and had Claire and I was in the kitchen sitting on counter on the computer when BAM! Explosion!
We didn't realize that the burner was still on simmer. Oh well. We went to Walmart the next day to buy a new pan and we were all bummed about the cookies. Dang.
1 comment:
Hello! Thank-you for thinking my kids are cute. I'm flattered that a complete stranger looks at my blog for that reason :)
I just wanted to respond to your comment. I respect your decision to immunize on a delayed schedule. The recommended amounts every 2 months+ is a lot of medicine at one time. Also, we have a family friend who is allergic to eggs. so, I completely understand someone not being able to recieve a vaccination because of an allergy. (he didn't find out he was allergic till MUCH later in life though). And you are actually looking at an adult (figuratively speaking) who has to get adult vaccines because whenever they test my blood, it shows up that I've never gotten certain ones. I'm wierd I guess. Anyways, that was a lot but I just wanted to respond to your comment since it was very good.
Oh, and your daughter is also very cute :)
Post a Comment