Friday, January 16, 2009

Tsk tsk

Tom Hanks Says Mormon Supporters of Proposition 8 'Un-American'

Tom Hanks, Executive Producer for HBO’s controversial polygamist series “Big Love,” made his feelings toward the Mormon Church’s involvement in California's Prop 8 (which prohibits gay marriage) very clear at the show’s premiere party on Wednesday night.

“The truth is this takes place in Utah, the truth is these people are some bizarre offshoot of the Mormon Church, and the truth is a lot of Mormons gave a lot of money to the church to make Prop-8 happen,” he told Tarts. “There are a lot of people who feel that is un-American, and I am one of them. I do not like to see any discrimination codified on any piece of paper, any of the 50 states in America, but here's what happens now. (Not that I like polygamy or want it to be legal but isn't not allowing that discrimination? haha) A little bit of light can be shed, and people can see who's responsible (blacks, whites, hispanics, Catholics, evangelicals and so on), and that can motivate the next go around of our self correcting Constitution, and hopefully we can move forward instead of backwards. So let's have faith in not only the American, but Californian, constitutional process.”


Anyone else find this dumb?  Maybe since he tars polygamists and Mormons with the same brush, and he thinks Mormons are 'unamerican', he should probably do America a favor and stop doing Big Love and quit making money from it.  Although, I doubt his consience will go THAT far...

MORMONS ARE NOT POLYGAMISTS

I am so ta-ta-ta-TIRED of stupid celebrities or anyone who do this!  Why is it un-American do give money or vote on something that you don't agree with?  I won't even go into the fact that Mormons make up like 2% of California and with all the kids Mormons have, the voting percentage is way less.  Ticks me off.  Tom Hanks...YOU are un-American and I won't go see anymore of your crappy movies...neener neener... :)

No comments: