Saturday, February 26, 2011

Planter Boxes

Its snowing outside. It's been snowing most of the day. Luckily it has also been melting all day too so there is only a little outside on the ground. Even though snow is outside my thoughts are constantly about spring!! Brian went to another gardening class today (and won a bag at the raffle..he always wins!!) and they mostly talked about landscaping flowers. Pshh, I'm not interested in flowers! Give me vegetable garden, fruit trees and berries! (I do need to plant some flowers though...we have spots for them by the house and around the flag pole.)

I know our garden will be a work in progress for many years but I'm trying to decide if I should use planter boxes or just plant in the ground. Our soil is VERY rocky so we could work hard at removing the rocks and fixing the soil or just put nice soil in the boxes. But would I be able to grow as much in boxes? I came across these plans for boxes at Ana-white.com. LOVE that site. I sit and dream about it. I think I am going to have Brian made this too. How cute! And much safer than climbing up on chairs.

So....planter boxes or the plain ol' ground??


We went over to the Hill's house today and watched the BYU basketball game against SDSU. Can I just say...AWESOME! I was so glad they won! I can get a little excited over games.

1 comment:

Sam I Am said...

What about a couple of raised beds? Brian can use 4 10x10s and make a large raised bed.....