Looking at a picture of her holding her adorable baby and seeing him look at her totally made me tear up! And.....you know what is coming....made me totally want another infant! haha. Brian rolled his eyes when I told him that. The 9 months of wondering what your baby will look like and then putting in all that hard work to get them here and holding him for the first time, counting fingers and toes, memorizing the little body. It's so amazing. I can't tell you how much I love that moment.
I decided to go watch the video of Jack being born, pretty much for the first time since I had him, to try to remember the sensations and say NO you don't want another right now. And for a little bit I didn't. I thought, now why is it I don't get epidurals? and then he came out and I remembered why. And I loved it. It was so great to be able to hold Jack for so long after he was born. It was so great to be surrounded by such supportive people who trusted in me that I could have that baby.
Sadly, I don't think that it was the last moment that I will wish for another baby. My sister in law is due like any day! Whoo hoo Lea! My cousin Haley is due in May. My other best friend Rachel is due in July. And my good friend Joslyn is due in July too! Thats not to mention various other people I know who are pregnant that I will hear about or see on facebook.
Guess I really need to go start exercising to lose this weight. And I doubt we could even have another one right now even if Brian would let me, haha. Anyway, I'll just go enjoy the two kiddies I have and when the infant craving gets too much I'll have to go find one to hold.
(and mom I know you are thinking...get control over the ones you have first but I just gotta tell you Claire is doing AMAZINGLY better! We have been doing the Supernanny timeout method and totally following through every time and boy has she gotten the hint :)
5 comments:
Babies certainly are a blessing in everybodies lives that they touch. I'll make sure to cuddle christopher EXTRA just for you when I'm there next week! Seeing pictures of him does make me want another little one (and I guess I'm due for another one sometime soon with LJ being 20 months old) BUT... it doesn't make me want to get up in the middle of the night, or go back to that awful pain of nursing at the beginning. ps- did you still nurse claire when you had jack? If so- because you've been nursing that whole time does it still hurt like at the beginning? Maybe I should just keep nursing Lj until I have another one! Ha!
Just so you know, I was NOT thinking that. I have no idea what the Supernanny timeout is, but if it works for you, go for it :-) I am the grandma - Claire is always perfect for me, lol.
Feel free to come on out and hold our newborn anytime....when she comes!
Katelyn: I was still nursing Claire when Jack was born. It didn't hurt at all when Jack nursed like it did with Claire. Maybe he was just a better nurser or maybe it was because I was still nursing. The best thing at the beginning with Claire nursing was when I was engorged. It really helped till my body got all straightened out.
Lea: I WISH!! I would love to see you guys again.
Megan, the first baby usually doesn't latch well, so it hurts. By the time you had jack you knew what a good latch was and that helps a ton!
i have always said that the best cure for engorgement is a nursing toddler:-)
Post a Comment