Thursday, February 3, 2011

FLYing

Ohay have you ever heard of FLYLady? In keeping with my Order theme for this year I joined to help keep my house under control. So far I'm doing the baby steps and just the first couple has made me a changed woman. They are 1) keep your sink shiny and 2) get dressed when you wake up from your head to your toes.
1) Dishes don't go in the sink, they go in the dishwasher. Well duh, you say, but we get into the habit of just sticking everything in the sink and them loading the dishwasher later. Now? No procrastination. Then I have to hand wash the big dishes right away so they dont sit in the sink either. We run the dishwasher every night and unload it first thing in the morning. Marvelous I tell you! It is so nice waking up to an empty clean sink in the morning.
2) I put out my clothes every night. I shower ar night right before bed. Then I wake up and ger dressed and put on my makeup. I'm on longer embarrassed if someone unexpectedly stops by.

Anyway, it's great so far. Check out the site. She is all about doing away with CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) haha


So life has been good, except that Jack is super fussy. I really think he is teething. I've stuck with my menu this week. I tried two new things I've never tried before.leeks and brussel sprouts. Yes on the leeks, jurys out on the sprouts. We've been going to bed by 8. Claire has been dressing herself. Jack is really trying to pull up on everything but we really dont have anything good for him to work on that. Anyway nothing too exciting.

2 comments:

Lisalulu said...

ahhh they are so stinking cute! Claire has really grown up.. what a big sister she is, and by the pictures Jack has such a fun lovin' personality!! and I hate fly lady... I always walk away feeling like a failure! Glad you are keeping up with her! Miss ya AND the kidlets too

Rollins Family said...

Those ideas sound great. Great job with the new routines. I wish I was more consistent. I seem to do okay for a week or so then fall apart at everything. oh well I guess. The pictures are adorable. You have such a cute family.