Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The weekend

Saturday we went to Temple Square with Bryan, Logan, and two friends from Arkansas who were visiting, Jacqueline and Tasha. It was really nice to visit again. We started off by taking a really quick tour of the Conference center. Every time I go there it amazes me by how big it is. I've gone to conference a couple of times and hope we can go again sometime. We walked by the temple and there were like 8 different weddings going on. Well, at least 8 different couples taking pictures outside so I would guess there were more inside getting married. I was glad I got married at a less busy temple...it would be annoying having to wait for pictures! We hit the south visitors center and the Church History museum. Temple Square is much too big to see in just a few hours. Plus, it's always hard controlling Claire.

After we went to Chili's. Bryan got a HUGE hamburger. I didn't think he would finish it but he did. Man, that kid can eat.

Sunday was church of course. Jack had a outfit change during sacrament and then I had to have Brian take me home during relief society for another one. Guess I should bring at least two additional outfits. Jac and Tasha came over for dinner. I made THIS dessert. Very very yummy!

Monday we went and saw a house in Pleasant Grove. It was a little awkward because the family was there. I LOVED the house though. It had 5 bedrooms and then a storage area, a laundry room, and a food storage room with selves. The yard was great too. They had chickens and grapes, and raspberries, and apple trees, walnut, pear, peach, plum, cherries, nectarines...how awesome is that?? It was by a new neighborhood that had an HOA. There was a walking trail right by the nice white fence that the HOA put up around the house. It's really close to the high school and it's close by State Street but you don't hear the traffic. Anyway, it had all I wanted and more :)


No comments: