Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Trip

Well, we made it back from Illinois and we had a LOT of fun!!

(I have been waiting to post this till I could do pictures but my camera is MIA, although I KNOW that it made it home with us...I'm hopeless...)

We made it there around 4:00 on Saturday. Claire did very well on the plane. She did not do as well, however, on the ride from the airport to home. She pretty much screamed the whole way, finally feel asleep when we were almost there. We went an outdoor concert at Knox Colledge in Galesburg and that is where Claire met everyone! Brian's grandparents were there and Mike and Lea and Mazy. It was so nice to see everyone. Claire was not shy at all! I was so surprised and so glad. The concert was nice but was cut short because my allergies started coming on like crazy. We had to go to the store and pick up some claritin. lol. Sunday we went to church and everyone loved the two newest McEwans! We took family pictures after church which I am really excited about seeing.
It was nice to hang out and talk and get caught up with everyone. Mazy is so adorable and such a good baby! She takes a pacifier and watching her made me wonder how the heck I survived without Claire taking one! Claire did not like it when I held her. Claire really liked her uncle Mike. Seriously, she did so good with everyone.
Wednesday we went to Nauvoo and I went through a session at the temple. That was really really nice. I'm sad that we live so far away from the temple here. I would like to go more. Oh well, there is a time and season for everything. We went on the carriage ride and to the brick makers and to the red brick store. (I had to get some lemon drops...yum!) We ate dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo. It was the first time I had ever eaten there and it was good. Mike and Lea left to go down to St. Louis after that...(hope your unpacking is going good lol). Brian's grandparents left Thursday. We went shopping in Peoria and Brian's dad checked my eyes (Thank you!) Brian and I had dinner with some of his friends on Friday while Grandma watched Claire...THANK YOU again! Saturday I got my hair cut and we went to dinner at the Packing House. Brian talked it up to me and it did not disappoint. It had THE BEST cinnamon rolls EVER. They weren't really rolls, Brian calls them layered cinnamon delight. Yum. We left really early on Sunday. It was a great trip and we can't wait to see everyone again!
(I am really ashamed to say I didn't get many pictures. I need the ones you took Mike! )

When we got home we sorted through some stuff that we are getting rid of or giving away. We are starting to pack and clean and probably will move out the beginning of next week. I'm excited to get to a new place :)

1 comment:

mary jane said...

Sounds like a great trip! Good luck on your move...I can't wait to see pictures of the new place!