Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Success!

I made one of the recipes for my 3 month supply today.  It turned out pretty good!  Easy, and none of the ingredients had needed refridgerating.  (well, at least they wont when I can can some chicken!)

Chicken Pot Pie

Pie Crust

(I made it to practice.  It had shortening, flour, salt and some water. Wasn't hard, turned out good, so I think I will just always make it)

2 chicken breasts, cooked (I shredded it)

2 cans mixed veggies

2 cups chicken gravy.
Mix gravy, chicken, and veggies together, put it in the bottom crust, add the top crust, and bake until brown

Yum!  I think it was a keeper.  Now I just have to get enough for 3 months worth!  I really need to can some chicken!

And, I even had some extra crust which I put in a little dish and added blueberries and raspberries.  Totally made it up but we shall see how it tastes.  :)

Also, Claire is getting another tooth.  This is number 6.  Now, I know that it's not going to stop until she gets them all but I thought there would be more angel time inbetween fussy time!

2 comments:

mary jane said...

Sounds good! Thanks for posting the recipe...I'll have to try it! And yes you DO need a pressure canner! It is so nice to be able to do your own chicken, beef, beans, etc. Aunt Kelly and Grandma each just got one and when she came up for Emerson's birth we had quite the canning party!

Lisalulu said...

LOVE your blog, and you ARE creative! (just look at Claire) Happy birthday tomorrow and have a great trip.