Sunday, March 15, 2009

From my Dad to my Mom

Happy 24 Anniversary 



During those first days, weeks and months at Eastern, the more I learned about you, the more I fell in love with you. Yes, there were some very nice girls at Eastern but none of them were as beautiful, as outgoing, and most of all, as “sparking” as you were. I know I’ve made the best choice in all eternity!!!!
I can’t help but think of our engagement and wedding day events. A serious novel-writer or even a comedian couldn’t have written our story better than what we experienced-truly amazing!!!


There is a scene in the 2nd Lord of the Rings where they are standing on the tower at Helms Deep and the King says the words, “It begins here!” Well this picture is the same for our family. Our family began at the Arizona Temple on March 15, 1985. It began then for two eternal friends. It began then for five wonderful children to be raised in a loving home with a GREAT mom!!! I hope they all know how blessed they are to have their mom!!!!


One year passed and I knew that I didn't want to spend my life with anyone else, but Susie. She was the most beautiful mother-to-be that I could’ve ever imagined. All my expectations were fulfilled, and that is saying A LOT! Sounds corny, I know, but it's true.


I love that Susie has such a kind and loving heart for our children. I’ve been around a lot of good mothers but I have never known of any of them to be as Great a mother for their kids as she is; waking them up in the morning with a song, playing games with them, genuinely and lovingly engaging them, reading to them day and night-always there for them.


Susie loves to read to her kids!!!


Of course Susie and I were more than thrilled when Brian and Megan had their Internship in Arkansas! We wished and hoped at that Megan and Brian would be able to stay with us in Arkansas but that didn’t work out.


This is what Susie and I have to look forward to for the next 26 years of our lives.

The song, Still the One
To this day – 8,760 days later – you are still the one!!!!!
I give you my love, my support, my friendship, and my appreciation. I give to you all I have.

Susie,

You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love rubbing your shoulders, listening to your ideas, feeling of your enthusiasm and energy, talking with you and being a partner in parenting our children.

From the time in Business class while at Eastern when you told me that you don’t date “dumb” guys, you’ve made me want to be a better person. (Great motivation!)

You are everything I think about. There are days when I seriously think my heart will burst with happiness. I thank Heavenly Father every day for you – for us.

I love that I still get butterflies in my stomach and feel like a teenager when I’m next to you!

I’m thankful each and every day that I share our family with you. Our family is SOOO precious – true blessings in our lives. I married the best person for me in the whole world and of the entire universe.

It’s been a grand and marvelous 24 years of shared life!!!!!!!! 24 years seems like a long time, but 1,000 years on this earth with you wouldn't be enough for me. I look forward to another 26 years to get to 50 years of marriage; and then together for all eternity!!!!

I’d be remiss to not also tell you how much I love your dedication and sacrifice to me. Seems like the best marriages are those where the two are one – unselfishly giving of each other. You’ve always been a supporter of my dreams.

All my love,

Phil

No comments: