Thursday, April 24, 2008

Graduation

So today was the first day of Brian's graduation! I worked until 1 and Brian's parents and grandparents flew in. We had the big commencement part in the Marriott Center. We could actually see where Brian was in the crowd which was pretty cool. Elder Bednar was the commencement speaker. He talked about Learning to Love learning or something of the such. :) My back was hurting so bad by that point that I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. Anyways, it was a good time (besides the hard seats).

After it was over we went out by way of the elevator. Elder Bednar went right by us, so did the relief society general president and young womens president. Then we get out of the elevator and see Elder Perry taking pictures with some people. Pretty cool! We were going to go to Tucanos for dinner but they said there was a 3 hour wait. Oh the joys of BYU graduation. We ended up going to the Golden Corral instead. We were sitting down eating when a woman randomly came up to me and told me that I was what every woman should want to look like while pregnant. Aww...that was so nice. I decided not to bring up my elephantine ankles. But I appreciated it coming from a total stranger.

We also went to Brian's cousin's classroom. Shannon teaches 5th grade and has THE BEST classroom. She has a big turtle, a python, a tarantula, a bearded dragon, fish, and our rats. I wish I could have had a cool teacher like that.

Tomorrow is the business school ceremony. I know I have been totally slacking at the blog game and I will catch up :)

1 comment:

mary jane said...

Congratulations, Brian! Woohoo!!!!