Monday, June 14, 2010

Update...

Well I had a midwife appointment today. Still at a 2 but that's okay. Since I am overdue she wanted me to go and get an ultrasound and a non-stress test done at the hospital. Brian came with me which was so nice. For some reason they made me check in through the ER which was so annoying. We sat in triage listening to a guy who was going to get part of his colon removed...yuck. They wheeled me up to the labor and delivery area which was SO embarrassing. Brian was laughing at me. But once I got up there there was a really nice nurse who let me walk :) I guess she had been trying to get them to let me skip the ER but no luck. She was really nice. She did the ultrasound to measure my amniotic fluid. I think normal is considered from 8-18 and mine was at a 16.9. I've been drinking water like crazy :) She couldn't get the gender but that's okay. I'm excited to be the one to announce it. The non-stress test was great too...everything looked good and I was contracting every ten minutes which is what's been happening since I've been home too. Being at the hospital made me really not want to deliver there but at least if it does happen the nurses are nice.

Claire spent all day with Grandma and Grandpa and did great. She is so stinking cute. She LOVES her uncles. She just has so much fun being the center of attention. Love her so much.

2 comments:

Rollins Family said...

I am sorry it was such an adventure. Hopefully the contractions will pick up and things get going. We are all pulling for you! Hang in there!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

c'mon baby... claire wants to play with you! (probably the reason he wont come out... he's much SAFER in there!) :)