Jack was born today (6/18) at 6:18 am. He was 8 lbs 15 oz, which is a whole 2 lbs bigger than Claire! (OUCH) He was born at home in the birth tub still in the caul which is pretty dang awesome. Labor was 10 hours long after 4 T of castor oil. (I doubt I would do that again!) I'll have to write a "birth story" later but it was so much less stress than going to the hospital. And I got to hold my baby first and I had him for a long time. I got to announce the gender and wait till the cord stop pulsing. My midwife was really hands off which was great! and of course Brian was AMAZING. I could not have done it without him :)
He is named after Brian's grandpa and my grandpa. Claire did really well meeting him today...hope that doesnt change. So far he is a really chill baby, of course he is less than a day old but we take what we can get around here :) We all sure love him. I'll post pictures tomorrow but my mom's blog has some..
faithnfamily.blogspot.com
1 comment:
I am so happy you were able to have him the way you had planned. Hope the recovery is going well! Rest up and we will see you guys in a few weeks. Congrats!!!
Post a Comment