Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back!


Well Claire and I made it back from our trip yesterday. It was a very long flight. We flew out around 4 pm which is new for us. All of our other flights have been in the morning. Our flight out of Little Rock was a little late and we only had a 30 min layover as it was. But as we stepped off that flight our next one was boarding so all was well. Funny thing about the flights this trip was that they were very misleading. Down to Little Rock I bought a "direct" flight. Who knew that "direct" meant stopping in Albuquerque, then Dallas, then Little Rock! Same on the way back! I was not a happy camper. But Claire was 99.9 percent angel. She fell asleep the last 20 minutes of the flight (of course) and didn't even ake up when I changed her diaper and clothes. Poor girl was exhausted. The really annoying thing on that last flight was the kids I was sitting next to. The girl was in HS and the guy had just graduated and they were making out and groping the WHOLE flight. I mean, puhlease people. uck.

Anyway, my trip was awesome. I saw a bunch of people. My Grandma McGrath was there when I first got there and then the last few days we were in Gulfport Mississippi at my Mama's 87th bday party. My Aunt blogged about it HERE. We hung out and Claire loved my family. The boys loved her too. It was so fun to watch them. My mom has some stuff on her blog HERE, HERE, and HERE. Yes, I know I am lame. I didn't take my camera. I did get some stuff on my phone thought so I will have Brian get it off for me. A great thing about visiting my family is that I can make all the desserts I have wanted to make but not have to eat the whole thing. I made a rainbow cake and a 14 layer cake. Both were very yummy, both very time consuming.

I was sad to leave my family but very excited to see Brian. I missed him tons. He took off half of today and tomorrow. Yay! So now, we are going to have to get back into a routine and find something to do. One thing I'm going to do is get all Julie and Julia on a cookbook. This one
My mom got it for me. It has a bunch of recipes in it. I figured I would cook through the whole book and see what I like. So far we have done pita bread, red beans and rice, and Santa Fe lentils. Gotta use that food storage and put it in our diet so if something happens it wouldn't be a shock.

I promise to be a better blogger :)

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Great idea about the recipe book! ps- i want to see that movie! :) and about the gropers... you should have said, "see this (pointing to claire) are you ready to take care of one of these??" Then they may have stopped... oh well, glad you made it home safe!

The McEwans said...

Haha that would have been so funny! I wish I would have thought of that :)