Friday, September 11, 2009

French Bread

I found this recipe on Marins Creation...and I just had to pass on the love. It's super easy and tasty. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like French Bread should be! I've made it three times and it's been perfect each time :)

Ingredients:
3 c. flour (2-3 more needed later)
2 T. yeast
2 c. warm water
2 T. oil
1 T. Suger
2 t. salt

Combine all in mixer and mix for 1 min.

Add 2-3 cups more flour one at a time until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl.
Knead for 10 minutes (seemed long to me but do it)
Roll half the dough out to a 12x15 rectangle. Roll up longs ways. Slit the top a few times.
Combine 1 egg white and 2 T. cold water, brush on the top of the bread
Let rise till doubled
Bake for 20-25 min. at 375
Makes 2 loaves

I'll never buy french bread again!




2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

YUMMY!!! I'm totally going to make this tomorrow! Thanks! :)

Sandy and Rob said...

Thanks! This is exactly what I need. We had an "auction" at homemaking and a sister bought my gift of one homemade loaf of bread each month for a year. I'm starting with this recipe:)