Well, we have reached an end to a very good weekend. It started off on Friday when I decided to make a nice dinner for Brian. I went to the store and got everything. While we were there Claire started SCREAMING! A guy who worked there actually came up to me and gave me a cookie from the bakery to give to her and patted me on the back and said "good luck". Ha. You know your kid is bad when that happens. lol. It turned out very nice.Aren't you jealous? :)

I've also been working on a new food storage system. (I hear it all now....not food storage again?!? Hey, it's MY blog :) I know my strengths and I am NOT a creative cook. I can't look at my pantry and say, oh, I'll take this and this and this and make that. Uh uh. Not me. So, I came up with 7 breakfasts and 21 full "foodstorage" meals, sides and everything, and figured out how much I would need to have a year supply. So I times every breakfast by 52 and the dinners by 17. I figured out how much I would need to make a loaf of bread a year and also came up with about 9 different desserts to make 6 times a year so we would have a dessert once a week. I figured on making granola every other week and I have a hot chocolate recipe for the winter months. EVERYTHING down to the last teaspoon of salt. I have a little wiggle room in the recipes, such as I could make tostados instead of bean burritos and such. I added in fruit too. So anyway, I put everything down in alphabetical order and so now I know how much I have and how much I need. It looks like a ton, but slow and steady does it. I mean, a YEAR of food is a LOT. But this way I know exactly what I can make and I don't have to stress about that. When I first heard about this system the lady only had 14 dinners. I thought 21 would make it a little more diverse and I have things like chicken pot pie, green chili, lasagna, Navajo tacos, tuna casserole, meat and potatoes, a good variety. Not all pasta, not all Mexican. I think it will be good.
ANYWAY, the point of that is that we have been going around to all the different stores with a list of all the ingredients and pricing them out to see what is cheapest where. It's been a lot of work but I think it will pay off. We did that Saturday. Chicken was $1.88 at Albertsons so I bought about 20 lbs and will be canning it tomorrow. My mother in law made me insanely jealous when she told me today that she got chicken for 99 cents a lb!!! AHH!
Our church switched over to 9 am today. I LOVE IT! We wake up and go and come home and put Claire down for a nap. It is glorious! We had a girl come over for dinner and the missionaries too. I thought it turned out pretty good. Now, Claire is in the bath and I'm ready for everything to calm down :) A good weekend.
Here are some videos to enjoy
1 comment:
very cute!!! i going to steal your video idea and post ethan pointing the body parts. :) also, i loveee when you post about food storage. i insanely jealous of you in that way so any ideas i can get, ill use!! so keep posting :)
Post a Comment