Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Class 1

Well I went and had a ton of fun! There were only 6 of us in the class. The teacher is deaf but wasn't born deaf. She had meningitis when she was 5. She didn't even learn sign language until she graduated from college! I cant imagine going through high school and college not being able to really communicate except for writing. She was hard to understand at first but then we got used to it and it was better. Still not all the way though. I knew most of the signs we did today but knowing them and being able to quickly do them in a sentence or read what someone else is signing is totally different. We did numbers too. I have to do my phone number for next week :) I'm going to enjoy this~

1 comment:

Susie said...

Yeah! You will do great - you have a great head start and we can practice on skype!!