Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Help!

We are having troubles with Claire's eating.  It's hit and miss using a spoon with baby food and rice cereal.  Usually she will eat a small bowl full once a day if we are lucky.  So I thought maybe she would eat finger foods.  She loves the Gerber puffs and cheerios but other than that...nothing.  Not only that, when she does eat some, like today I boiled carrots really well and cut them in little pieces, she will eat a little bit and then gag and throw up.  And that really gets my heart rate up! What do I do? :-P 

6 comments:

Susie said...

It is hard with your first one, but I will say it again "Don't worry about it."
She will eat when she eats, she will not let yourself starve. Just keep offering it. We know she is going to be an independent-minded girl.

Remind you of anyone?? lol

Journee said...

I agree weith your mom. She is still nursing during the day some?
She is fine and will eat more when she wants more. Keep nursing her and offering her food.

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I third that. we went through the same thing with ethan and even now he still lieks to pull the, "im not hungry" bit when its time to eat. Since im scheduling it gets really frustrating but i just tell myself he will eat if he's hungry, he wont starve. As far as the choking, she probably just isnt mashing it much with her pretty pearly whites. E did the same thing and it would break my heart every time. Just keep offering it to her, and make sure you are always right there if she needs you. If else fails, tha last pictures I've seen of Claire she had enough meat on her cute little thighs to last a couple day :)

The McEwans said...

She is still nursing. She'd rather nurse than eat food lol. Thanks for the advise, patience...patience :)

Sandy and Rob said...

Brian loved baby food plums (pureed):) I think fruits are more appealing usually.

Journee said...

babies will often tend to nurse more when they are going through a developmental stage, such as talking or walking, etc. They also tend to nurse more when they are on the verge of an illness such as a cold. Keep that all in mind. She might just want to be with you more:-)