Friday, February 6, 2009

Candy box

Last night I went over to a friends house and we made truffles and heart candy boxes.  It was a lot of fun.  Brian was great and watched Claire while I was gone for 3 hours.  I've never made the truffles before but we took a package of oreos and cream cheese and put it in a food processer until it was smooth and then rolled them in balls.  Froze the balls for a while and then rolled them in melted chocolate chips.  Yummmmmy.  We made the boxes from matte board and poster board.  We watched Penelope while we were working.  I couldn't pay much attention to it so I definitely want to rent it.  It seemed super cute.


This is what Brian and Claire did while I was gone

Partners in crime

 :)  So silly.  Anyway....hope everyone caught the new episode of Bones.  (If not, go to hulu.com)  It's SO good!  
We did this the other day.  Claire has a toy and Brian was hitting it on the pack of diaper wipes.  For some reason Claire thought that was really funny.


6 comments:

Susie said...

She is something else! I can't wait to see her.

I love those truffles, too, I have made them and they are YUMMY! The box you made is adorable.

Those jammies you were wearing were cute, did you make them?

Journee said...

First of all...that baby is CUTE!

Secondly, Brian cracks me up! What a funny picture.

Thirdly, please send me the truffle recipe!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I agree, those truffles sound DELICIOUS!!! I think I might just go buy the ingredients to make some!!! WAY cute boxes too :)

The McEwans said...

Nope, Brian's mom gave me the pjs for Christmas.

I think the truffle recipe is just a package of oreos and 8 oz of cream cheese, blended really well in a food processor.

They are SO good! Much better than store bought ones, in my opinion. We even put mint flavoring in the chocolate chip coating stuff.

Susie said...

Can I ask what exactly Brian has on his face??

The McEwans said...

mixed berry baby food lol