Yesterday was a pretty interesting day at work. Since it was Martin Luther King day Brian didn't have any school so he took me to work so that he could have the car. It was pretty normal until around 11. I was on the phone with an insurance company and I had been on hold for about 12 minutes when I finally got someone! She was just about to give me the information I needed when all of a sudden the lights sparked and went out. My friend Cheri and I work in a room in the middle of the office with no windows and when the lights when out the doors that were magnetically held open shut and it was pitch black! My office manager called the power company and since it was a holiday only 4 people were working. The power was off for three hours! I felt bad for one patient. Dr. Olenslager was in the middle of his procedure when the power went out and the poor guy was lying on his stomach in the OR with a needle sticking out of his back. Not a fun place to be. We did manage to see patients although we all wanted to just go home. I'm convinced it was Kings ghost telling us that we shouldn't have worked on his day. :)
I love countdowns and things to mark off. I have a count down going pretty much at all times, even if it isn't for anything too interesting. Right now I have a countdown for my next drs appointment. 19 more days. Then I will be 28 weeks and going to the doctor every two weeks. I have a chart telling me everything I need to do when I get home such as exercise, clean, read scriptures, and floss. I don't know why I like doing that so much. I guess I just like seeing progress.
Also, the other night I woke up around 3 because I heard something. I woke Brian up and this is what we found.


Yup, they were out and made a nest of all the paper they could find in the apartment and also one of my shoes. Not too fun.
Anyway, I'm hungry so I am going to go make some Creme of Wheat. Yum, all that good iron, calcium and folic acid. :-)
3 comments:
Girl, I am glad to see an update! My friends and I will check often to see how you are doing.
When do you see the midwives?
Love and miss you!!!
Aunt Sami
What a crazy and dark workday! The poor guy with a needle out of his back...yikes.
So...do you have mice in your apt? I wondered what that was with the marshmallows on a previous post...I thought you were joking or something...but all of the paper shreds? What IS that?
Its our rats. They got out the other night. Good thing they are so cute because they can sure be a pain. :)
Post a Comment