Anyhoo, the Aquarium in Chattanooga is one of my favorite places. I don't really know why I like it so much but its amazing. When I was in 4th grade we had a activity called Ocean Quest where we would watch a movie on the Ocean and then we would write in our "logs" about it. We also got to go on Lake Erie and dissect a fish and throw a net over the side of a boat and see what we could catch. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist for a while there...until one time in Tennessee my grandparents and my parents watched The Perfect Storm and I hid behind a chair and watched it too. That squashed my desire to ever get on a boat. That, and I decided that I was probably scared of sharks. But I still love aquariums!
This was a really pretty stingray.

Here you could pet stingrays and sharks. This is my Grandpa looking at them.
My fat self and my lovely Grandma!
We bought that shirt in TN. It looks so good on him!
I thought this was a cool picture.
And this would be kinda scary to meet in the middle of the ocean.
They have these HUGE crabs and you can crawl under their tank and stand up in the middle of it. Brian is trying to pound his way out and the crab looks like he wants to eat him.
This is a tad bit more flattering than the first picture. But just a tad.

There is a main tank that is about 4 floors high and then you can walk under it. It's way cool.
The aquarium has two buildings. The Ocean side and the River side. This is all in the river side although I don't think you normally see Sea Dragons in the river.
I would not like to meet one of these snapping turtles...
And I really would not like to meet one of these ugly things.
Anyway, just some pictures. I cant wait to be able to take our kids there, although I realized that if you don't have kids you can get around pretty fast...oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment