Sunday, July 25, 2010

If you want to sleep....

don't talk budget before bed! Seriously. You get so much going on in your head that it is so hard to get calmed down. Well, I do anyway. I've not had much success with sticking to a budget but I am DETERMINED to do it now. The next 9 months are going to be cheap, cheap, cheap. As I've said multiple times on here...I really want a house :). House payments are the easy thing...the down payment is the hard thing, especially if you want to put 20% down to avoid PMI. Living cheap is hard if you don't want to let your family live on processed foods. "Simple living" is not so simple and takes a lot of time and effort.

Next trial? I'm going to try to make wheat meat. It's pretty dang healthy for you according to one site "Nutritionally, seitan (Japanese word for wheat meat) is a nearly complete, high quality protein (more protein per serving than tofu), provides a modest amount of B vitamins and iron and contains no saturated fat or cholesterol. A 3 1/2 ounce (100 gram) serving contains 118 calories, 18% protein and less than 1% unsaturated fat. The same amount of beef has 207 calories and 32.2% protein and is high in saturated fats."

When I was looking at stuff on wheat meat it was pretty funny because most sites says what cultures use it and mentions China, Japan, Russia, Middle East, and Mormons. LOL.

So...does someone want to buy me THIS? :)


Another thing that I've been thinking a lot of is Habits. I recently broke a bad habit of biting my finger nails...YAY (I blame my dad) . Of course it helps that when your hands are always full of baby, toddler, laundry, cleaning, cooking, and all the other things you don't have the time to bite your nails. I'm really happy about it and Brian is too. I don't think he would ever forgive me if our kids picked up on it from ME...they could of course get it from someone else...but just not ME. So I've been thinking about habits that I want to start. The list is very very long but you gotta start somewhere right? So, two I have picked to work on...

1) Appreciate. I don't want to think about how things will be in the future. I want to concentrate on the NOW. Things wont be like this forever (Hallelujah to some things...diapers anyone?) so I better appreciate them while they are here. I'll regret it if I don't.

2) Being soft spoken. I don't want to yell or raise my voice to my kids. This one is HARD sometimes. Claire can be a little bugger but I am the adult and I have the responsibility to be patient in word and deed. I better get this one down fast...I want my children to really remember this about me. (And for the record...I don't yell a lot but there are times when it is harrrd.) lol. Don't think I'm a bad mom please :)

Tried to take a couple of pictures after church


Her hair was CRAZY but she wasn't too interested in the camera
Jack Jack


Claire's footprints on a chair. Cute


2 comments:

Susie said...

Love the post - good idea - appreciate the moment. I always told myself when you were all little I would miss the dirty socks laying around and ALL of the ice cups left in every room of the house. Don't worry, I don't miss them, but at least I could appreciate the moment! :-)

Lisalulu said...

They are so cute.. and growing so much - they are WAY bigger than when you left 3 weeks ago!!!! miss you, And Didn't Sister King teach a lesson on making that Wheat Meat Stuff???