2) Same thing with cheese. Buy it when in goes on sale and freeze it. We might as well be mice. We go through a LOT of cheese.
3) When you make bread, make a double batch and freeze it! Today I made hamburger buns and I SHOULD have made a double batch so I don't have to do it later.
I bought some sour cream powder from Emergency Essentials to try. I haven't tried it yet but I will. I also bought some Morning Moo milk. It's not as nutritious as real powdered milk but I've read that the cannery milk is G.R.O.S.S. (I don't drink white milk so I've never tried it) I would use Morning Moo for drinking and cereal milk and the cannery milk for cooking.I think I may store some club soda too. We made homemade root beer tonight and it was pretty good. I think it would be heartening to have something like that in your food storage.
I had more thoughts but I can't remember. I can't really can here in our apartment. I'm can't wait to get to a house so I can really get into everything again.
2 comments:
I've frozen the milk before and it is always a pain to thaw out, plus I think it tastes different..but I might be a milk snob.
I've never actually tried it before so it may be a short lived thing. I don't drink milk except in cereal. I'll have to have Brian tell me how it is :)
Post a Comment