
I was reading on MSN an article about marriage and they had a bunch of readers give a piece of marriage advice. It was pretty interesting and I thought about what I would have said. And since dinner is in the oven, kitchen in clean, Claire and Brian are playing outside and I am procrastinating blogging about Easter because it takes forever to upload videos, I thought I would blog my marriage advice. Granted, I have only been married 3+ years but I got some from some very wise married people :) and because I am nice to my (few) readers, I will only give a few.
1) Get a King sized bed to start with. Please. It just makes life so much easier, especially when kids get put in the mix. It is just SO nice.
2) Speaking of beds...the whole "don't go to bed angry" thing? Totally bunk. Some of you may disagree but I find that we are a lot more likely to get into arguments if we are TIRED. So, it is counter productive to talk about anything if you are just going to get MORE tired. Go to bed. Get a good nights sleep and then see how the issue looks in the morning. Usually a whole heck of a lot better if you have had a restful night.
3) The guy gets to choose where we live (as in state or general area) Usually the guy is the one who works full time and so he needs to like his job regardless of whether or not the wife wanted to live in one state or another. There are good and bad things about every state but I think lots of bad things if the husband hates his job. BUT, the wife gets the house. That is her job area and she has to like the house and how it is decorated/run.
4.) Speaking of jobs...the husband works full time outside of the home and the wife works full time inside the home. Each have full days and problems. When the husband gets home they then run the home together. The husband shouldn't think the wife had it easy all day and so he doesn't have to do anything when he gets home or vice versa. Go ahead and let each other have a little down time sometime in the evening but the rest of the time share responsibilities. Besides, when else would a child see their daddy? ")
5) Remember Christ at all times. If both husband and wife try to remember Christ at all times a lot of problems won't ever happen.
So....what is your marriage advice?
1 comment:
I can't think of anything particular right now, (mainly because im exhausted) so I'll have to really think about it over the next day or two and get back to you.
Well, I guess I could add, NEVER, NEVERRRRR spend an extensive amount of time away from your spouse, it's just NOT fun!:)
Post a Comment