I feel great! It was like a month ago and it still makes me feel good. Ha! They admitted they were wrong and I got my rebate and everything is good in the world. So, I just thought I would update you all. And don't give up! You just need to find a person with authority, that's all it takes.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Follow up with Dell
So, this was some time ago, but I wanted to let you know how everything turned out. So my brother directed me to consumerist.com where they will print your horror stories of customer service gone wrong. I emailed them (never heard back, go figure) but I was looking around their site and found the idea of a executive email carpet bomb (EECB apparently). So I investigated and someone had instructions specifically for Dell. Turns out the Dell executives' emails are all firstname.lastname@dell.com. So I went and found a list of Dell executives and picked out the relevant ones and plead my case. The very next morning I had an email from someone at their corporate headquarters wanting to set up a time to talk with me. We chatted, he said he didn't know why my information was correct, and said he was going to issue a $20 rebate on the card I used to pay for the video card. I said fantastic. He asked me if there was anything else. I said nope, and he wished me a good day. It took literally 5 minutes on the phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment