Friday, May 15, 2009

Scrap box and a Thought

Okay, this is pretty cool.   Think of all the space you could save!  It would be so nice to be so organized and to have a little desk to work that doesn't take up room either.  It would be easier to baby proof this than the rubbermaid containers or whatever it is that I have.  Just looking at this makes my fingers tingle with the urge to go organize my stuff and makes me want to do some crafts!  Too bad that it is WAYYYYYYYY out of my price range.  **Sigh** maybe someday!  If you want to take a look at it go to 


Also, I found this quote randomly and thought it was very good.  I don't know who the lady is but I got all teary eyed thinking about it.

Many scrapbookers knew Aleida Franklin. She was a wonderful wife and mother and a brilliant artist. I didn't know Aleida personally, but she taught me something I will never forget. She emailed me last year to tell me she loved my blog and to ask if I like my short hair-cut. This lead to a series of emails which eventually led me to remark that I really loved how often she posted pictures of herself with her children on her blog. And she replied to me, "Have you ever seen a photograph of your own mother and thought to yourself how fat she looked? Or how she wasn't wearing make-up? Or wasn't dressed in a glamorous outfit?" Of course my answer was no.
She then responded with saying that she made it a goal to take a picture of herself with her children at least once every month. And that to use excuses about how we look, as women, is ridiculous, since our children will never care what we looked like, but only that we had physical evidence of the bond between mother and child.

Aleida tragically and unexpectedly passed away last September, leaving 2 small children and a grieving husband. After she passed I thought of how those children must feel to have those precious photographs. I have made it my personal goal to follow her wise suggestion and I now take photos of myself with my children....double chins, make-up free, bed-head and all."


I'm going to do it. 

3 comments:

Anna White said...

What a good thought. I usually am much more quick to take pictures of my husband with Joshua...instead of myself. I should make sure I am in there every once in a while...thanks for the thought!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Wow! Goosebumps... I almost never take pictures of Ethan and I because I hate the way I look right now 8 months pregnant. What a good thought, I'm going to set a goal now and take more pictures of us together! :) Thanks!

Lisalulu said...

That was a nice thought... wish I would have taken more shots with my girls... ok, turning over a new leaf WHEN grandbabies arrive! (no not an announcement)