Friday, July 25, 2008

Food

So my freezer is officially full!
Breaking it down

penne

5
pizza
8
lasagna

6
hot chicken 5
chicken and rice 5
kings chicken 5
swiss chicken 5
greek spagetti 4
meatloaf
4
salisbury steak 8 meals (32)

Grand total: 55 meals

We estimated we spent approximately $193.32 for the food to make these meals. (Probably a little less because we didn't use all the eggs or cheese, stuff like that)

That makes it come to $3.51 a meal!

Whoo hoo! I have a three month supply of food in my house with everything! We are also going to get a 50 gallon water storage bucket for our back porch. Only $25 for that. My ambition is to get a generator soon. That may take us a while though.

Check back for another post today :) Claire is awake

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Megan, That is AWESOME!!!!! I wish I had your ambition to make all of those meals... Did it take forever to make them? Did you get sick of making them?

The McEwans said...

I couldn't have done it without my mom here but they were are really easy and now I will be able to keep it up by myself. It was a lot of cooking!