Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More happenings

I seriously think one of the hardest parts of having a blog is coming up with some "title". I am not a creative person...I have no idea what to title each blog post! The next hardest thing to do is to have something to blog about. We are kind of dull :)

Well, yesterday was Mardi Gras and Super Tuesday. I liked being in Louisiana for Mardi Gras because we got off of school for two days. Then we got fish sandwiches at school on Fridays because Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays during the 40 days before Easter. They were good too. It was fish with cheese on top, breaded. Yum. Rachel and I always got excited for those! Seems kinda sad. Another school lunch EVERYONE got excited for was beefy nachos. We had those on Fridays. Teachers would let us out of class early to be able to get in line. I don't know why we liked those so much. By the time you got there the chips were usually soggy and stuff. But then again, you weren't marked tardy if you were late for your next class. You just had to tell the teacher it was beefy nacho day. Rachel, Jenna, and I were always late for our 6th hour class :) Anyway, going back to Mardi Gras, we would give up something for Lent every year. We usually gave up Taco Bell or soda. It was fun though. I could go on and on about high school stuff. I don't miss high school but I really miss Rachel and Jenna!

I had put as my facebook status that I really wanted a King Cake. Mardi Gras is never complete without one. For those who don't know what King Cakes are, here is a little background...
The carnival season begins January 6th, twelve days after Christmas. In many European countries, this celebration, called Epiphany, Little Christmas, or Twelfth Night, commemorates the arrival of the wise men bearing gifts for Jesus and is a time of exchanging gifts and feasting. One of the most popular customs is still the baking of a special cake in honor of the three kings, or A King's Cake. Over time, a the tradition was to bake a little baby (representing Jesus) into the cake. The person who recieves the doll continues the festivities by hosting the next King Cake party. (That was my friend Krislyn...she freaked out a little wondering what was in her piece, I forgot to warn her)
Anyway, a lady from my ward in Louisiana, Donna Butler was awesome enough to send us one!! She is great!! It was delicious :)



Now about Super Tuesday. I went and voted. Took about an hour. The hold up was the old ladies volunteering to help out. Talk about slow. I feel good that I did my civic duty although I knew what the outcome in Utah would be...which it was...Romney got 90% of the votes. I was really disappointed that he didn't win more states. I don't like McCain at all but there was an article that made a good point. If McCain gets nominated we should all vote for him. The next president will probably name 3 Justices. I think we would have a better chance of Pro-life, Republican Justices with McCain rather than Obama or Clinton. And if Hilary wins? Oh well...the world had to start ending some time ;)

Today was also my friend Meredith's baby shower. She is due Feb. 21 but can go anytime now! That was fun. All the of cute clothes made me really excited for our baby :)

Today I also made a count down of how many more work days I have. I wasn't going to do it this far in advance but certain things today made me really wish I could just not go back. Since I have to go back I made the countdown. 59 more work days until I never have to go back again!! Whoo hoo! I think I have 87 more days until my guess date but 59 more of work! It not that I dislike my whole job...just certain...aspects make me want to quit...makes everyone want to quit. There is light at the end of the tunnel though!

No comments: