Friday, February 1, 2008

Doula

We have decided to hire a doula for when I have baby. I think it is the best thing since both mothers are out of state. I have never done this before and Brian has no experience (probably less) and so I think it would be very supportive for both of us. I have emailed 6 and have a 'consultation' set up with one of them. Prices pretty much range from 250 to 400. Yikes! Its amazing how much money we are going to be spending in the next few months with baby stuff, medical bills, Aspen Grove. Good thing its all worth it! But I will let you know how the doula hunt comes along. I'm very excited about it!

1 comment:

Journee said...

That's a great idea. I also think it would be wise to at least read and study the book "Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way" and "Husband -Coached Childbirth". Also, rent the netflix movie "The Business of Being Born"...releases next week. If you can also watch "Gentle Birth Choices" you should! It is a great birth primer:-)
Love you!!!