Saturday, December 8, 2007

And so it begins.....

So I decided to start a blog. Yes, I know. I stink at updating these things. I tried one in high school, I forget what they were called, but everyone had one. Besides, who will want to read what I say? I figure though that I should have more exciting things to put up now. We shall see. I told Brian that I wanted to start a blog and he just rolled his eyes :-). He said I would have to be the one who writes everything but I think that he will enjoy it too. He is a lot funnier than I am so once he starts getting bored with what I am saying he will probably jump in.

I guess I will start my first blog by talking about my first ultrasound appointment. It was on Friday the 7th. Brian and I went down to the room and the first thing the lady did after bringing up the picture was to ask us if we wanted to know if the baby was a boy or girl. After the emphatic YES on Brian's part she said she was 99.9 percent sure that we were having a girl! I was surprised. I though we were going to have a boy. I was way excited. Girl clothes are just cuter than boy clothes.

She had a hard time with measurements and such because the baby was curled up in the corner and refused to stretch out. The lady kept poking at her with the instrument and pushing it into my stomach trying to get her to move. The baby just yawned. She didn't want to move from her oh so comfortable position that included having her head on my bladder. She also kept her feet above her head most of the time. It was so cute.I guess maybe we are having a gymnast. Finally we got the measurements we needed. The baby is right on schedule and is weighing 9 ounces. Her heart and blood flow look good and it doesnt look like she has a cleft palate or anything. We know that she has 5 fingers on at least one hand and she is pretty active. Since the lady was pushing on my stomach so hard I would see the baby kick and feel it too! It was one of the coolest things Brian or I have done! It is amazing to see that there is actually a baby in there! We kept smiling the whole day and had to call everyone to tell them the good news! I am now 19 weeks, almost halfway done, but it still feels like it is going to be forever....
We are now looking at baby names and are open to any suggestions. We like old fashioned names the best. We are so excited for this baby and are very thankful (nervous also) that we are going to be parents.
(On a side note, we went to the mall after our appointment to celebrate by buying an outfit and noticed everything we are NOT going to let our girl do. Some of the little girls these days just blow my mind. What are their parents thinking??)

A few more pictures :)


No comments: