Saturday, March 2, 2013

Updating :)

Hello blog.  It's been a while.  I can't believe it's been like 4+ months though!  Time's just a flyin!  So lets do a very brief recap. (Pictures are old because I dont feel like downloading the pictures off my camera)

Thanksgiving:  Brian's brother Mike and his wife Lea came to town with their two little girls.  Claire loved playing with her cousins!  We had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt and uncles house.  I so love having family nearby.
















Cant wait to get together again!


Christmas:  We flew down to Arkansas the 21st to surprise my dad.  He had no idea we were coming.  He had a big birthday Christmas Eve so I wanted to be there but we told him we weren't going to be able to make it :)  It went off better than I could have hoped.  He was totally surprised. :)  It was his first time seeing Joseph too.  My Grandma Leslie came for Christmas and it was great.  Claire and Jack loved Christmas.  It gets so much fun when they start understanding.   We did Elf on a Shelf this year and even took it to Arkansas with us.  They had a blast.  We were going to go home the beginning on Jan. but Brian had a work conference in Florida in Jan. so he went to that and then picked us up and we slew back together.

Brian:  Still working hard at work!  As of yesterday he is no longer going in at 5 am!  Now, it's 6:30 and he is so excited.  He is now the 11 year old scout leader at church which is an adjustment.  It's hard dealing with 11 yo boogers :)  He just got back from taking the kids to Lowes to talk about fencing.  We need to finish the fences on the sides of the house and Home Depot priced it at $3000!  We were like What??  So he wants to do it himself.  He is also planning on building a chicken coop.  Probably not this year, we still have strawberry beds to finish and some trees to plant and a garden to start.  He is an expert smoothie maker.  Our Vitamix is his favorite purchase.

Megan:  Doing the never ending chores that come with kids.  Also trying to declutter and organize.  Doing school with the kids.  Doing another Dave Ramsey class.  This one is more fun.  At the last class I went to, there were only two of us and the coordinator.  Everyone was out of debt and pretty frugal.  At this class there are like 25 people and all sorts.  Some people are working on step 3, some people are 60 thousand + in debt.  Some people are already frugal, some people spend lots on clothes or eating out or whatever.  It's just so interesting to see people and their different money priorities.  I'm having fun!  I just can't wait to pay off our house...someday :)

Claire:  She loves to draw and is getting pretty good!  She likes writing letters and her handwriting is getting pretty good.  She loves to have mom read books.  She is a great big sister.  She had a hernia surgery back in November.  Our first surgery experience.  She did great, although coming out of anesthesia wasn't too pleasant.  She loves primary.  Hasn't been the last two weeks because we were all sick with the flu.  She has a great imagination.  







Jack:  A huge copycat.  Wants to do everything that Claire does which causes problems.  We have been potty training since Sunday and it's been 5 days without an accident!  I can't believe how easy he has been.  So amazing.  A couple of weeks ago he and Claire were jumping on the couch (completely outlawed now) and he hit is teeth on the window sill.  I was gone with the van so Brian called the ambulance to  take him to the hospital.  There was blood everywhere.  They thought he knocked a tooth out and one was pushed up in his gums.  I got home to find our neighbor watching the baby and Claire.  It was pretty stressful.  Poor kid was so brave though.  When we took him to the dentist the next day both teeth were still there.  They are gradually coming back down.  Who knew?  But we now know how expensive ambulance rides are!  He is talking so well and quite the little stinker. Also just got over the flu. 












Joseph:  SOO cute!  And getting so big!  He will be six months on the 7th.  He is up on his hands and knees rocking getting ready to crawl.  He pushes himself all over the floor.  We started rice cereal last week and he is not sure what he thinks of that.  He is such a good baby, although he is in the hair pulling stage.  Takes a bottle when I pump which is pretty awesome.  It's nice not to have to take him to meetings.  He got sick when everyone else did.  I took him to the dr. after a completely sleepless night.  I thought he just had an ear infection but I noticed his soft spot was bulging.  When I pointed it out to the doctor she brought another doctor in.  They said he would need to get a catheter, get a spinal tap, blood drawn, and maybe a CT scan to see if he needed a shunt. (Wish they wouldn't go all worse case scenario on me before anything actually happens!)  And that's when I started freaking out.  He got catheter, and Brian got there right before the spinal tap.  Ugh.  It was so not fun. We got his blood taken and he got an antibiotic shot. The next day we took him back to get another.  He had a UTI, so they said that they would probably want an ultrasound.  He also had Influenza B.  Poor baby.  But he's been on antibiotics all week so we'll go back Monday to see what's next.  No meningitis for which I'm thankful.













I wish my kids would stop seeing who can be the most expensive!  It's not a fun game!

Life is good.  I love love love my babies.  It's a beautiful day and we are finally all healthy.  I think I'll send the kids outside and then go reorganize my food storage room :)


Pre-Joseph picture
















1 comment:

Rollins Family said...

Wow Megan. It sounds like you have been having quite the adventures at your house! Seriously that is CRAZY. We sure miss seeing you guys. I hope life settles down for you. Thanks for posting.