I love the Polar Express. I loved it growing up, and now when I read it it makes me tear up. I can barely finish reading that dang book out loud. Growing up I always thought that I would always hear the bell ring, right until I was 10 when I found out *he* wasn't real. Yes....10 years old. And boy was I mad. I'm pretty sure I told my mom that she had lied to me. lol. Christmas was never so magical again.
So, anyway, I thought it would be fun to take the kids on the Polar Express back in December. I have to admit that my hopes were pretty high. And at 20 bucks a person I figured it better be good. Well, the kids had fun. I'm glad they had fun and I took some pictures because we wont be going again!
We got the kids dressed in their jammies and headed up to Heber. It wasn't snowing but it was COLD. We got up on this old train car, so uncomfortable. Our "elf" was crazy obnoxious and yelling in the microphone. The train, aptly called the Heber Creeper, was so.dang.slow. We went about 30 min, stopped by some fake Christmas trees, Santa got on and gave everyone a little bell, waited for the engine to back up so we could go straight back, and went 30 minutes back. Oh, we did get a cookie and hot chocolate. But yeah, no magic for Brian and I. The kids had a good time though and that's all that matters.

























1 comment:
The kids look like they enjoyed it - that's the important part:)
Post a Comment