I meant to soak the beans overnight, but I forgot. I then thought I would start them as soon as I woke up...but I forgot. At 10:30 I remember and thought, that stinks, they wont be ready for dinner! I decided to put them in the crock pot instead of cook them on the stove and it was great. I put 1 cup beans to 3 cups water and cooked them on high. They were actually done before 4 so I turned them on low around 3. Put salt, pepper and garlic power in there and yum! (And cheap)
Here is the recipe for the fry bread. I halved it for just the 3 of us.
4 C flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 C to 2 C water
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 TB shortening
Sift dry ingredients. Add shortening and cut with pastry blender until mixed in. Add enough water to make soft but not sticky dough. Knead gently and roll into 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Allow to rest 10 min. Cut into squares and deep fry until puffy.
Top with bean, lettuce, cheese, onion, salsa...whatever.
Make sure you eat one with honey on top too!
Claire actually ate quite a bit tonight. She loved the beans. Luckily she is getting better at eating although I know that could change in a second. I'm grateful for what I can get!
3 comments:
You always have the best recipes! I can't wait to make these for me and TJ. Oh! And I made your chicken nuggets the other night and they were terrific!
these look great, I'll have to copy this for Lauren.. and no baby yet. A little worried that it won't get here when I'm here! but I have lots of baby things to make when I get home. I'll have to call you and we'll make baby boy things together!
Hmmm, yummy!
Post a Comment