Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just stuff


So nothing huge has been going on...so here are some of the random stuff.
Work
They are interviewing people for a position at Sawtooth, like what Brian does. Another consultant is going to be leaving soon to go get his PhD. They have narrowed it down to 5, and then they will narrow it down to 3 and probably bring them up here to interview. Brian actually knows two of the guys they are thinking about. One he really liked and the other he did not like. Kinda funny. They have a list and put the pros and cons of each. It makes us wonder what Brian's pros and cons were :) Can't have been too many cons since he got the job! It's still pretty interesting with the company moving. We still get a lot of comments about it at church. Someone said that 20% of OUR wards attendance is going to be gone. There are still two other wards but I think we have the most Sawtooth people in ours. I guess there was some discussion about going from 3 wards to 2 once everyone leaves but I think the Stake President said no. I think we are going to be moving in early July...AH! I need to start cleaning out the window sills, although they were filthy when we moved in anyway. I have been looking at houses in Utah but its pretty pointless since we will be renting for a year anyway and we don't even know where they are putting the company yet! I did look up the address of one house that I REALLY like in the Sex offenders website and what do you know, there is one two doors down. Blah. Puts that house out of the running. I was very surprised at the amount of sex offenders in Utah county. Ick.

Baby

I'm feeling good. Tomorrow is my midwife appointment. I'm doing my Gestational Diabetes testing. One thing I really really like is that I don't have to drink that nasty sugar drink. Whahaha. I get to pick whatever I want, as long as I get 50 grams of sugar in. I went to the store and got some White Cran-strawberry juice. I have to drink like 2 cups of that. I love the flexibility too. My midwife is in Port Townsend which is like 45 minutes away. BUT my appointment is at 5 so Brian can come with me without missing any work! Yay for a babysitter! :) I'm feeling this little guy moving quite a bit although it seems to be less than Claire. I think I just don't have the time to sit and think about being pregnant since I'm chasing after a toddler all day. It seems crazy because after my next appointment I will be going every two weeks! It does NOT seem like I'm that close! I will have to see tomorrow how much weight I've gained but so far I've only gained 7 (and all 7 was the month I went home for Christmas lol). That is so much better than Claire's pregnancy. I think I just know what to expect more.
Claire

Holy Moley that girl is a handful! Love her like crazy but she is incredibly strong willed. Her new thing to say is "Go away" if we are doing something she doesn't like. Haha. We tell her not to say it, that its not polite, to say please yada yada...but it is hard when you can't keep a straight face. She is a little monkey too. She climbs on EVERYTHING. Monday, Brian had an all day work meeting and one of my friends called and wanted to meet at McDonald's since our husbands weren't coming home for lunch. I said okay. It was the first time Claire has ever been INSIDE a McDonalds. We were there for 2 hours playing. She took a good nap that afternoon. Speaking of sleeping, she still doesn't do much of it. Luckily she sleeps through the night but it is a good night if she goes to bed before 10:30. She gets up around 7:30. I'm envious of those parents whose kids go from 7 to 7.

Being Frugal

I love the challenge of not spending as much money. Little things make me happy. I do all my laundry on Mondays. I love only doing it once a week and not having to worry about it. Well, I started hanging up my shirts to dry. Then I moved on to Brian's shirts, then our jeans. Yesterday I started doing pajama pants and towels. I did two loads of wash and only 1 load of drying. I dry the whites/baby clothes. That would get so tedious to put up all of Claire's little clothes. I probably would if I had a drying rack. Saturday I bought a whole fryer chicken for 69 cents a lb. Put it in the crock pot and had it for Sunday dinner. Now I have a bunch of shredded chicken. Tonight I made a variation of chicken pot pie with the leftover chicken and gravy. Made some biscuits and used dry milk for the chicken mixture and the biscuits. (We also had a delicious honey dew melon...the best one I've had.) Love it! I saved two cups of expensive milk for drinking! Saturday I made some buckeyes that were peanut butter, dry milk, honey, and powdered sugar. Claire LOVED them. She asked for more and more :) I made whole wheat blender pancakes. Make them. They are delicious and healthy. And, what I'm most proud of, I had some bread leftover that was getting stale so I cut it up and made croutons out of it. Yup...I was pretty excited. It's getting to be a game. People may think I'm crazy but I REALLY WANT A HOUSE. haha. And then when we get into a house it will be, I really want to pay it off :) And it's all part of my Laura Ingalls fantasy. haha. I don't do many coupons. I'm trying to faze out most hydrogenated oils and anything with high fructose corn syrup. I remember throwing a fit when my mom tried to do that. It's funny how things change :) (I will still be buying a few things with it...like ketchup. Can't get rid of that)

Time is going by so fast. And we're going to be busy for the next couple of weeks. We got a lot of visiting teaching/home teaching appointments set up, we're going to be trading babysitting for a couple of people, we got Stake Conference coming up soon, and appointments to do splits with the missionaries. Oh, and my birthday is coming up soon :) I think we may go to Bella Italia (Twilight fans will know what that is...and I am not getting the mushroom ravioli) or maybe not. I am trying to be thrifty. :) We are both ready to have a vacation and head down to Arkansas. I'm glad Brian is coming because my belly is getting too big for it to have been just me and Claire.

And lastly, (I'm impressed if you made it this far) CONGRATS to my aunt Samantha! She is having baby #7 in September...


Jumping


Uncle Bryan

1 comment:

mary jane said...

Hi Megan! I'm just catching up...so much exciting news! I didn't realize you guys were moving to Utah! That is so cool that Bryan and Logan will be going to BYU...you guys will be so close together! Claire is growing up so much...I see so much of you and your mom in her. I can't believe Bryan comes home this week! I love that you guys kept us in the loop on his mission...I have loved reading his updates and letters. So are you having a boy? I thought you said "little guy"...by that did you mean a boy? And lastly I am so impressed by your resourcefulness and frugality. You are amazing!