Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Neighbors


Well, the other side of the townhouse is rented and our new neighbors have moved in. The renting agency said that it would be an older couple and when she said older she meant older. They are both 87. She has slight dementia and he can hardly see. I met their sons and daughter in law today. I'm a little worried. The daughter in laws are super nice but they both live more than an hour away. They got my phone number and I got theirs and they told me to call if I ever see anything funny. The dad, our neighbor, wants me to watch his wife if he ever had to go anywhere (yeah he still drives and his kids are scared) ....the dil told me to always say no. It would be illegal. Eh, talk about a little stress. They totally expect them to fall soon. I am going to try to be a good neighbor and check up on them. Super sweet but not all there anymore. sigh. It would be rough.

Yesterday we went to the zoo. Claire started us off on the day earlllllllly but that was okay because we had to drive two hours to get to the zoo. We were putting Claire in her car seat when I saw something out of the corner of my eye and saw two deer walk right by from the side of the house. Talk about a very appropriate way to start the day!
See our huge lavender plant? I cant wait to pick some!

We didnt take too many pictures at the zoo. It is totally different having to take a kid rather than BE the kid at the zoo. It was a nice one though, not really big, and they had a huge play area for kids. Claire loved the elephant, the fish at the aquarium, and the walrus. She LOVED the walrus. Brian took her to the underwater viewing place and she had so much fun.

Claire in her big girl carseat. Still rear facing...but i think she will be rear facing for a long time.




Claire being silly


And Happy Independence Day!! I love this day. I get all choked up and teary when I think about it. I love this country and of course there are things I wish that would change (or NOT change) but it is STILL the best place in the world! I hope we have many many more birthdays for America!!

Congrats to Katelyn who had her second little boy, Logan! (love the name :) He was a big baby too, way to go!
(My cousin Haley's last baby was 10lbs 4 oz and when she asked her OB if he would induce her earlier next time he just laughed and said no because now he knows she can do it. What an awesome OB! I wish more were like him...actually trust in a woman's ability to birth the baby her body made! Whoo hoo!)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oooooo, I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet girl! And...on all of that beautiful lavender. I am missing the Lavender Festival this year, boohoo. I will be there next year tho!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

The zoo sounds like alot of fun! We need to find one around here to take E to because I bet he'd enjoy that. Thanks for the the congrats, he IS a big baby! And coming from being induced once, and then going into labor once, I agree going letting the body do it is MUCH easier and better!!