Monday, July 6, 2009

So sweet

I just have to write this down or I will forget it...and I don't want to forget it.

Claire was having a rough rough time tonight. She was whiny and throwing fits and my patience was about at its limits. Bedtime!! I put her down but she started crying. I was just going to let her cry it out but I just couldn't. I picked her up and she put her head on my shoulder. Then she leaned back, put both her arms around my neck, and gave me a kiss, and then put her head on my shoulder again. 30 seconds later she did it again, and again, and again. Finally she fell asleep and I put her in the crib.

My heart was a puddle on the floor.

Can you believe what I would have missed if I had let her cry??

That is what makes it alllllll worth it!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I SOOOO totally know that feeling. I love it! And it definately does make the rough times worth it in every way!

mary jane said...

So sweet! She was having a hard day and just needed her mom :-) Great job Megan!