Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good weekend

We had a good time this weekend! It started with Lisa, my VT companion calling us (Thanks!!)about a table that she saw at a garage sale. I sent Brian off to look at it and he came home with the table and 4 chairs. It is an interesting table...very sturdy and nice and dark green. Lol. I dont really care though, I could probably paint it but it's not a bad colour and really...I just don't have the energy to paint a table :) Our first table of our married life! Our card table has been banished to the third bedroom to be used as a craft table. Whoo hoo! Anyway, the table was not the only 'treasure' Brian came home with. He also got a tv stand, tv, vcr, and an exercise bike...lol. All for about $60, which includes the table and chairs. So now we can put the exercise bike in the third bedroom and I can use it while Claire is taking a nap and watch something :) Thats the theory anyway. Then we went to the library sale and got some books for Claire and...wait for it...the first season of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on VHS. hahahah. Awesome right? There are like 6 tapes.

After that we headed out to Joyce which is like 50 minutes away. I am on a group called freecycle and a lady was giving away some embroidery hoops. I want them to decorate. While we were there we stopped at Salt River Creek. This is a place that have a lot of tide pools. We didn't really know where to go but we had fun anyway. Next time I will time it better so the tide is all the way out when we go.

Before we went down the trail.

I still can't believe we live by the ocean. Down by the beach with an unidentified person modestly mooning us.
Tide pool
Sea anemone.

It was windy and COLD...seriously...it is July. It was 51 today!Pretty place


Brian thought the Nudibranch things were funnyWhen we got home we worked on the house. We cleaned off the table and chairs and moved everything inside.

Working hard

We could finally watch Beauty and the Beast since we have a VCR now. Claire LOVES Beauty and the Beast. She couldn't take her eyes off the tv. lol. I'm okay with that. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite!

Sunday Brian had to give a talk and it was FABULOUS. Funny thing is is that his mom and his brother had to give talks yesterday in their wards. I had to give a lesson too and it didn't turn out too bad either. It was a good weekend.

Claire will kill me for this someday...but not for a few years :)

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Don't you just love a good buy!? It always feels great to know you saved money on something you needed! ...and the last picture probably wont be in her wedding video, huh?

The McEwans said...

Haha, that would be funny :)

Lisalulu said...

i am so excited for you!!!!! and maybe i have some extra VCR tapes for you too