Monday, March 10, 2008

Waiting....

I haven't updated in a while. Brian flew out Sunday to go to his interview in Arkansas. I had to go to church by myself which was seriously not fun. It's not like in a singles ward where you go sit with friends. Everyone is there with a spouse or family so it really stinks sitting all by your lonesome. I had to give the lesson by myself too but that wasn't bad. By the time all of our class shows up from meandering around in the halls, there was only about 25 minutes left of class. I also brought bribery cookies :) It was a long day though. My friend Krislyn came and spent the night with me again. She is an angel! We went to sleep around 10:30 and woke up to the unpleasant sound of the fire alarm wanting to say that it's battery was dying. WHY does this always happen in the middle of the night?? I think it's programmed to do that... It's a good thing Krislyn was there though or I would have wet myself (which isn't unlikely considering how very fragile my bladder is these days).
Brian said that his interview went well. They know that he has another job offer that he has to respond to by Friday so hopefully we get an offer letter in the next day or two. He was having some trouble with his flights today. He was flying from Bentonville to Houston and Houston to Salt Lake. His flight to Houston was delayed because of some thunder storms they were having. When he finally got to Houston all the gates were full so they sat on the runway for 30 minutes. He and a couple of other people had to run to catch the Salt Lake flight. BUT he is in the air on his way home now. Yay! I have been cleaning and stuff to make it a nice place to come home to. I also wanted to make something for him to eat like banana bread or something but lo and behold I do not have any butter, oil, or randomly, baking soda. I fail...*shaking of head* My poor husband...I did make some juice though. I need to make a grocery list.
Tomorrow is my appointment with the midwife and also with our doula, Katie. I'm pretty excited. 54 days!!
My brother gets set apart tomorrow. I am so super excited for him. He is going to be SUCH a great missionary. I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

mary jane said...

I have been waiting for an update on you guys! What an exciting time. I hope you hear soon! :-)