Brian and I went to the Center Street Theater last Friday and saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was actually a LOT better than I thought it was going to be. The girl who was the narrator and the guy who played Joseph could actually sing! I was impressed. Brian had never seen the play before or the movie but we have the CD and I play it a lot. He likes the music now that he has seen the play. Same thing when we saw Les Mis for my birthday last year. I played the music constantly but Brian didn't really know what was going on. Once he did know he actually liked listening to the music. Next to go....Cats....someday :)We could have gone to Cats when it was playing in St. George but, its like 3 hours to get down there.
Katie, our Doula, came over tonight. I love her. She is great. She is going to be on the radio talking about Hypnobabies soon. She is going to send us the info and when I get it I will post it on here. She's really passionate about what she does and the more I learn about things the more passionate I get about what I believe. There are a couple of pregnant girls at work and some guys have wives that are pregnant too. I try to tell them the things I learn and the stuff I believe without sounding preachy. Everyone can have their own opinion but a lot of people just don't KNOW things. For example, every single person I have told that I am going with a midwife instead of an OB gives me the strangest looks. They seem to think that having a midwife is having some random, non trained person come deliver my baby. Probably out in the barn. And they automatically think that it means I am delivering at home. I would love to someday deliver at home but right now Brian is not comfortable with that and I am more than happy to be at home as long as possible and then go to the hospital. Also, most of the people at work seem to think that an episiotomy is 100% guaranteed. I would say more than likely when you are stuck on your back because you cant move from an epidural. Its like the worst way to push!! When I first met the midwife she said the episotomy rate is about 3%. The one I met with on Tuesday said that 3% was probably higher than it really is. Who knows...maybe they just take the time to give a little more support than OBs.
Okay enough of that...I could go on....but I wont. I am going to go get ready for bed! I dont sleep well at all anymore. I seem to have Braxton Hicks in the middle of the night too. Then I get to work at 7:30 and leave about 5. Makes for a long day with little sleep. Oh well, it will only get worse when the baby comes! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment