Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cali part 5 (last one!)

Tired of these yet?
 We decided to do magic hour for Disney on Saturday.  We were determined to catch that Tinkerbell!  So we got into the park and Brian watched the kids while I did Star Wars again.  Then I took the kids on Toy Story?  or something.  By then it was about 8 am and we were the 2nd people in line to take a picture with Tinkerbell!  Finally!


Periwinkle...Tink's sister


Tinkerbell!





Then we went on It's A Small World

Once again, Joseph was not thrilled






Then we met the girl from Brave.  She had the least amount of wait of any of the princesses lol



Then we went and rode Pirates as a family.  Brian assured me it would be fine, and Claire was fine, but Jack freaked out.  He kept putting my hands over his eyes.  Ugh.  The last ride we went on was Nemo.  Funnily enough, Claire was scared on that ride?  It was fun though because it was a submarine.


So, we rode the monorail for the last time and headed out.  The ride home was not as nice as the ride there.  We made it to Mesquite and had to stop.  Brian was agonizing over which hotel to get, which was cheapest, which had breakfast, should we stay in Mesquite or make it to St. George?  Finally, I said we are going to KFC, getting food, and checking into the Best Western.  Hang the cost! lol.  Well, I was inspired because after learning we had 3 kids the nice man gave us the family suite for the same price as the other room.  And we got a AAA discount.  It was nice to have space and the sofa pulled out so Claire had a bed and Joseph slept with me and Jack with Brian.  We got up leisurely and had breakfast then hit the road.  The last 120 miles were pure torture.  We were SO close but still felt so far away.  The kids were DONE and so was Joseph.  But we finally made it.

I'm sure I would never do Disney on my own but it was a nice vacation.  Claire is still talking about it and wants to go back.  HAHA.  Maybe for another retreat down the road but not any time soon!  The best part was seeing family.  :)

1 comment:

Sandy and Rob said...

Ahhh, Tinkerbell was worth it. I bet Claire will remember it for a long time:)