Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cali part 4

Friday was a very nice day.  Grandma and Grandpa came very early (Thanks!) so Brian and I could go out without the kids.  Joseph takes a bottle which is really really nice.  So we dashed up to the concierge lounge (where we ate most days) for breakfast and then headed out.  Brian made me ride the Ferris Wheel and we went on the Toy Store ride where he kicked my butt shooting things.  We did Soaring which pulls you up off the ground and then you watch the screen and it makes you feel like you are flying over mountains and oceans.  A little trippy for me. :)  Brian was mad because the Car's Land ride was broken so we were never able to do that.  Brian rode the roller coaster that I absolutely refused to go on....it went upside down.  No thank you.  Then we went over to Disney and went on the Matterhorn which I enjoyed and Star Wars which was my absolute favorite :)  Then we went on the Jungle Cruise.  I think that's about it.  It was nice to get things in without the kids.

Around 10:30 we went and got the kids.  Grandma and Grandpa took them on the Ferris Wheel again.  And instead of the car that was still, they took them on the one that swings.  Grandma said Jack was a leetle nervous at first but then enjoyed it. I was sitting on a bench with Joseph and just people watching while they were waiting in line and riding and a guy was in front of me and I though, Wow, that looks like Owen Wilson.  Hey, that IS Owen Wilson!  lol. Pretty cool.  Brian wanted to stalk him for a photo but I wouldn't let him :)



We took the kids back to the hotel while Grandma and Grandpa rode some more and took nice LONG naps :)  After, Brian and I went to Steakhouse 55 which was part of the Disneyland Hotel.  It was a nice place.  We each got the 40 buck 3 course meal which was a salad, steak with fries and green beans, and a creme brulee.  Since most steaks alone were 35 bucks and sides were a la carte and we didn't buy any wine I'm sure we were the cheapest tab all day!  It was very yummy.  Then we had to say goodbye to grandma and grandpa :(  I so wish we lived closer to family!

No comments: