Quick stats
9 lbs 2 oz
21 inches
14.5 inch head and chest
Born at 5:27 am
Longer story :)
I saw my midwife on the 4th. I was 2 cent. and about 50 % effaced. She put some castor oil on my stomach and other essentials oils on my hands and feet. My blood pressure was a little high and I was getting anxious to meet my baby so we wanted to get things started but gently :) (I did not want to drink castor oil this time around!!) Went home and nothing happened. On Wednesday I started feeling some pressure waves (hypnobaby talk for contractions) and they were anywhere from 8-15 minutes apart. This went on all day and they started getting closer Wednesday night so I thought it was time! I heads up texted people who were coming and had my brother spend the night. Jack still wakes up at night so I wanted somneone in there with him. Well I went and laid down and woke up an hour later realizing I hadn't felt anything. They had stopped.
Thursday Brian went off to work but I called him around 7:30 saying that I was having pressure waves again and really didn't want to deal with Jack jumping around me. So he came home. I took a nap, he took a nap, I took a bath, and just relaxed. Things were still 8-15 minutes apart. ALL DAY LONG. I was getting tired! I called my midwife and she said to go for a walk before bed and see if things picked up, if they didn't , to go to bed and get a good night's sleep and she would come get things started in the morning. I decided to skip the walk and go to bed and get some sleep and just do it in the morning.
Well, I woke up around 1 am with the waves getting closer. I woke up Brian and had him start getting things ready *just in case*. I wasn't sure it was real. I had my brother come over. I started feeling nauseous and had a few dry heaves. I called Sherri and she said to keep timing them and call her in an hour or so. I got dressed in my swim suit and over up and did my makeup...Brian thought that was funny. About 3:00 they were 3-4 minutes apart. I called Sherri back and she said she would come over and check and then call her assistant. She figured this was it. I called my cousin Haley to come over, she was going to take pictures. She got here around 3::15. It was fun having someone there. It felt more like a party and I know I was happier and laughing more. Sherri got there around 3:40 and started bringing all the supplies in. I was using a brand new tub so they were figuring out how it worked and how to get it out of the box :) My mom was on the computer watching through google +. We texted my aunt and Brian's cousin Shannon to come. My pressure waves were getting more intense but were not painful. I just had to concentrate more through them. Sherri decided to check me before filling up the tub, I think this was around 4:30 or so. She looked at me and said "You are going to love what I say!" and I was already at 8 1/2! I was soooo happy. So they hustled to get the tub set up. I was vocalizing more, but not loudly (I dont think) just deeply. I was getting really nervous that they were not going to have the tub filled up in time. I got in when it was about 1/2 filled up, about 5:00 and almost instantly had to push. Shannon and my aunt Angie walked in just in time. I was getting a little louder. Pushing is not a huge relief for me like it is some people. :) That part does hurt. I could feel him coming down and felt my water break and he came right out. He was born at 5:27. It was about 2 hours from when my midwife arrived. He was alert and looking around. I was so excited he was here!
I have to say that the two days of contractions were a little annoying. I had time time to think about what was coming instead of it just happening. But to hear I was 8 1/2 was amazing. I would go through those 2 days again in a heartbeat. And I never hit a transition period where I thought I couldn't do it. I knew I was almost done. My midwife was amazing, my husband was amazing, and I really liked having other people there who I knew loved me and I could trust. I was so glad that I could have him before my mom went to school and that the kids slept through the whole thing. I was so nice to just get into my bed and stay there and have all the newborn exams done at the end of my bed. I am so glad that Joseph is here! His big sister loves him, Jack is somewhat interested. :) I can't believe we are a family of 5!
My cousin has the pictures so once she is done with them I'll put more up! Thanks Haley!!

1 comment:
Congrats Megan! Sounds perfect. I'm a little jealous. I wish mine came that way, but I'm grateful nonetheless. So happy for you! :)
Post a Comment