Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Challenge

Okay, so people are gonna think we're crazy. And that's okay because we probably are :) and we're really not bothered by people's opinions. We've bucked enough trends. It is interesting because people get pretty defensive about our choices sometimes. Go on! Do whatcha want! We dont care! :)

Brian and I are doing whole foods for 30 days. Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, nuts/seeds. No meat, milk, eggs, yogurt, and (gulp) cheese.

Yeah

I got this book in the mail. No idea how. It's called Eat for Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Pretty much has changed my life....obviously if I'm willing to give up cheese...lol. That plus the China Study has led to this. We want to change our eating habits and taste preferences. Eating this way wont be absolutely permanent. I still have food storage recipes to go through but I'm hoping that it will be second nature to us and our kids.

Brian is on board. No need for pity there. We both want to live long, happy, productive lives free of chronic illnesses. We want to treat our bodies right.

So I'll letcha know how this month goes. I'm pretty sure it's going to suck for a while. But if you know that going in to it hopefully we wont quit! It's been fun trying new things.

Today we had

Breakfast: Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie (YUM)
Snack: Hummus and veggies (good)
Lunch: Brown Rice and Chickpea Salad (Okay...needed more balsamic vinegar)
Dinner: Japanoodles (haven't made dinner yet :)

So anyway, wish us luck! It's a lot of chopping!

3 comments:

Cheri Sharp said...

So you're a Vegan now, huh? You're brave! I could never do that. I love steak too much. But if it's what you want and it's healthy and beneficial, then I support you. You should absolutely make those kale & fruit smoothies I made at girl's day a couple months ago. They're the best. The best of luck to you. :)

The McEwans said...

Eh, not vegan. Not really. There is so many confusing things out there. This is healthy, no it's not. THIS is healthy, wait....not really. I think we will just be trying to follow D&C a little better. :)

Sam I Am said...

I love him! My best friend Monique eats his way for several years now. I have his book "Eat to Live" You really need to buy his book "Disease Proof Your Child." He is awesome and is featured in Netflix Documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." You will discover that you will not miss any of those foods...okay, maybe the cheese. Almond cheese is a great substitute and can be grated. We used it for a year here at one time when I was getting us off dairy. We were dairy free for a year. I say "GO FOR IT!"