So, have I mentioned I'm giving up treats? For 6 months? Yeah, I'm kinda crazy. No more sugar. I can still cook with sugar if something not dessert needs it, like pancakes, but no more cookies, icecream, brownies, cake, candy, anything like that. I've been sugar free for 2 days. That may not seem like a lot to you but I am a CRAZY dessert addict. I get it from my mother's side :) Since I could probably eat a whole batch of cookies and not get sick I figured it was time to show my cravings who is boss. I feel like I can do this since I did it Sunday. I think I have an alarm clock inside my body that dings after dinner on Sunday's screaming I NEED SOMETHING SWEET. But I didn't give in yesterday. AND I made Claire's birthday cake today....didn't sneak any batter or icing. *Head explodes* Yup, I wont be eating any tomorrow.
I fully expect the first two weeks to be the hardest. I'm prepared for that
extinction burst. (read the article, it's crazy).
Bring it.
2 comments:
Very very impressive. I can say I would never do it if I didn't have to. I applaud you for doing it for fun! It does get easier. I didn't realize how emotional eating can be until after 2 plus years without sugar!
Good luck, I went without chocolate my entire mission...you can do it.
Post a Comment