So, it's been a long time. I've had a mentally cloudy couple of weeks. I feel like I just can't get things done, or the things that I do get done I do over and over and over. You know. Things like picking up and cleaning the kitchen and laundry. Over and over again. Didn't help that Jack didn't sleep this week.
My birthday was on the 12th. Brian's cousin Shannon came and picked up the kiddies and took them to her house to watch them. Brian and I went to a gardening class on veggies. Then we went to the Texas Roadhouse. So yummy. Then we were even able to go to Walmart by ourselves! Can you ask for anything more?? Thanks Shannon! My mom got me a beverage dispenser that I'm so excited to try. My aunt and grandma got me a tortilla maker (Yay for not buying tortillas again!!) Brian's mom and my grandma McGrath gave me some money that I think I'm going to go buy either cast iron skillet or a dutch oven with. Thanks so much!!
Sunday the 13th we got a new niece! Brian's brother and sister in law had their baby...(one day too late!) Evey McEwan. (Pronounced Evie) She is super cute with lots of dark hair. Her big sister has really red hair, it's so funny how different kids are. Congrats again guys. We can't wait to see her!
Tuesday was our Relief Society activity. I made these, and they turned out amazing and were a big hit. I love taking desserts to an activity because there are so many I want to try out but very few I want to leave around the house because I will eat them. (and I'm trying to lose weight...I've lost 6 lbs in two weeks!)
On Thursday my friend and I went to the stake basketball practice. After 30 minutes we decided it was not for us and went on a walk. It's fun to have friends in the ward.
Yesterday Brian took the caulk off the bathtub and redid it. It looks great.
I know I say this a lot but we are upping our preparedness. I'm so heart sick over Japan. I watch the videos and read the stories and it brings me to tears. I can't imagine living through that devestation. We are just no where near ready for an earthquake or something. And with the unrest in the Middle East and gas prices going up and with storms sending produce and grain prices up, and not knowing how Japans recovery is going to affect the global economy....I'm FREAKING OUT! The Prophets have been counseling us for a long time to get ready...and we need to be ready. So, Brian is heading to the cannery on Thursday. We are picking up our ground beef on Tuesday. I have a list of everything we need, I just need to go through and see what I have.
Anyway, we also need things for if power is out for an extended time. If we have to leave our house but don't have a shelter to go to, if we have to leave our house in 10 minutes or less. THere is so much more to think about than just food.
There is a pretty cool new website that I think I'm going to enjoy. societysunday.com It's new so there are only a couple posts. It has old relief society papers and talks about women in history. I feel really guilty reading it though. I fall short a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment